Sunday, July 13, 2014

#44 Supper - Sandy's synopsis

I suppose it is weird to go to a place called Supper for brunch. However, I'd been to Supper for supper before and figured we would try something new. Their menu lives up to their reputation with creative twists on standard brunch fare. 

We started with the lemon meringue doughnuts which were delicious. 

So, I realize that the lack of photos really makes my reviews pretty small. Unfortunately, I lost my phone in the interim and hadn't saved the photos onto the cloud. So imagine soft fluffy doughnuts with a liquid lemony filling that oozed out when you take a bite. Heavenly. 

I decided to go with the Franklin benny for my main course. This is an eggs benedict with soft pretzels as the bread and scrapple as the meat, topped with a very mustard flavoured sauce.  It was good for a few bites but I think scrapple is too rich for me and I ended up not being able to eat too much of it. 

I would love to go back to try the other things on their menu like the skillet roasted mushroom toast and their bacon babka. I, ergo, leave this review a little disappointed at having ordered the wrong thing but encourage people to give Supper a try for brunch. 

Supper
926 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-592-8180


No comments:

Post a Comment