Friday, July 4, 2014

#38 - Cafe V - Sandy's synopsis


FRENCH TOAST PEANUT BUTTER BACON BANANA SANDWICH!!
*deep breath*

I have been waiting a long time to yell that out into the interwebs. This is one of the things that Cafe V has to offer and even if it was the only thing, which it isn't, I'd be in heaven.

Firstly - I for the longest time thought Cafe V stood for Cafe Veg. I had no real reason for thinking this except my lack of creativity when it comes to food and the letter V. So, for the longest time, I had always disregarded it as a place I would not go out of my way to try. Not that I hate vegetables, but I rarely go to purely vegetarian places. 

So imagine my confusion when we went to Cafe V and I see bacon, amongst other meats, on the menu. I then shrugged and assumed that the Veg wasn't a strict thing. It wasn't until a week AFTER, I was walking by there, and I noticed on their chalkboard sign that the V stood for Victoria which makes a lot more sense. However, I cannot find evidence that the V stands for Victoria anywhere on the internet. I think we can be certain however that it does not stand for veg.

Now that my riveting story of confusion is over - lets get down to business. Cafe V is clean and white on the inside. It has a good number of tables to sit at and for the people-watchers amongst us, a lot of tables right next to large windows to stare outside off. 


Their breakfast menu has your standard offering of eggs, pancakes and french toast as well as the more creative offerings like the Benedicts and the aforementioned holy grail of breakfast sandwiches. Being a cafe, they also sell coffee and I enjoyed the roaster they were using (sorry, I forgot to look that up). They also have a lunch menu and all day menu with pizzas and sandwiches and the like. 

I don;t anyone will blame me for going straight for the french toast peanut butter bacon banana sandwich. It has so many of my favourite things all in one thing.


The saltyness of the bacon with the sweet of the banana and the sweet-saltyness of the peanut butter is a perfection of taste that is rarely achieved. 



You know I'm going to tell you to go here to get this sandwich. So, please go here and get this sandwich. Just writing this review about it is putting me in a good mood and making me want to go there and get this sandwich again.

Cafe V
1318 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-772-1318

No comments:

Post a Comment