Wednesday, July 9, 2014

#43 Sip 'N Glo Juicery - Sandy's synopsis


Here we are at the only dedicated juicery on South Street - Sip 'N Glo. Pure Fare had quite the selection of food for those not into the juices. Sip 'N Glo however is a one trick pony. 

From what I remember from Sam's thoughts on the place after we went there and upon reading her review - I'm going to let her do the most of the talking on this one because she is spot on.

Here are my 2 cents:

The place is cute enough on the inside with flowers and kitchy sayings on the wall. 


This does not excuse for the smoothie/shake/juice or whatever it is you call what I got. I got a vanilla, peanut butter concoction, which sounded delicious, but wasn't. I understand that these aren't meant to be milkshakes and so aren't going to taste great like milkshakes do. However, you really must be committed to what you think the benefits of these drinks are to warrant them costing close to ten bucks (with tax). As far as what Sip 'N glo thinks these benefits are, they sound real hokey. I'll point you to Sam's review for a more detailed explanation. 

Sip 'N Glo's saving grace for me is that perhaps, just maybe, their juices are better than their protein drinks. I doubt chlorophyll (an ingredient in some of these juices) is going to improve anything, but the juice they gave free taste samples off was really good. Perhaps their protein shakes aren't good but their juices could be. Since I'm rarely in the mood for juice, I will probably not be returning here.

Sip 'N Glo
932 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
267-273-0639

No comments:

Post a Comment