Sunday, February 2, 2014

#26 DELIcious Bites - Sandy's synopsis


DELIcious Bites is a grocery store with a deli on the corner of 16th and South. I was excited for their advertised hot soup. It was very, very cold outside and soup would've been very, very nice.


I was however very, very disappointed because that brightly coloured inviting soup sign was a lie. There was no soup. Instead we found overpriced panini's. Their panini's sounded good and Samantha can tell you what she thinks of them. I got a plain and simple grilled cheese. In order to minimize the plainness and simpleness, I asked whether I could have some prosciutto on there and was told that it would cost me $5 more. Man - $5 extra. How much prosciutto were they planning on putting on there? Well I declined their offer but Samantha will address any curiosity you have as far as how much prosciutto they meant.

The grilled cheese was fine, nothing really to write home about - two slices of white bread with 6 slices of american cheese toasted in a panini press. If panini's are not your thing, they have salads and sushi.

All in all, DELIcious bites was overpriced for mediocre fare. I will never be returning here for the food.



No comments:

Post a Comment