Monday, January 27, 2014

#25 Entrée - McKenzie's synopsis

We've got a lovely guest review from the one and only McKenzie! Check it out below:

Entrée

Hi all, I am guest reviewing for Sam and Sandy!
For my guest review we went to the restaurant Entrée located at 1608 South Street. The restaurant was small but had a lovely atmosphere and beautiful wood work. The art was interesting and varied. From a painting of cardinals to an octopus. There weren’t that many tables and the menu was small but so many things we wanted to try. This restaurant is also BYOB so we had brought along a couple of bottles of wine (a red and a white) We decided to get a couple of appetizers to share and we pretty much each ordered one of the 5 or 6 listed entrees to try.

Appetizers
Calamari was excellent! The balsamic vinegar that was cooked into the batter was super yummy and made the rings a pretty color. I do wish they had included some of the tentacles, and not just rings, but that is a personal preference.
We also got the wedge salad. The salad dressing was excellent!

Entrées
Of the four entrees that we split, I ordered the steak with blue potatoes and asparagus. I asked for medium rare but it was a bit more on the medium side. It was also a bit salty for my taste. It was quite a large piece of steak and the blue potatoes were a nice compliment.
The chicken portabella was also delicious, especially with all the elements together the goat cheese was especially pleasing.
The broccoli rabe ravioli was very creamy.
The duck with butternut squash hash was delectable. I think the butternut squash hash was my absolute fave part of the meal. It was a little spicy and very nice!

Dessert
Since we couldn’t decide, we decided to get all 3 of the listed desserts. The mascarpone cake was very lemony, but since I don’t really like citrus fruits, was not my favorite. The fried oreos with pecan ice cream and caramel sauce was delicious even though I don’t even like oreos! The fry batter it what made it so good! I do have to say that my favorite was the Cannoli with ricotta and Nutella filling. I could totally have eaten the whole plate of them!

Not related to dinner, but I loved the bathroom. It had really fun sketches of statues and loved the mint green walls.

All and all we had a great time. Definitely would love to go back! Hopefully I will be back to guest review again!

~McKenzie

Entrée
1608 South Street
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 790-0330

No comments:

Post a Comment