Saturday, January 25, 2014

#24 Pure Fare - Sandy's synopsis


Pure Fare caters to two specific populations very very well: 

1) People on a gluten-free diet
2) People who like smoothies

The first - I was unaware off until getting there. The latter was why I was mildly excited about this place - to have my first "green" smoothie. 

Let me address each of these in order. Pure fare has a list of sandwiches, which all sound pretty delectable. Everyone I had spoken to who had eaten there however never spoke highly of them. How bad can a sandwich be right? Well, what I hadn't heard was that all their sandwiches use gluten-free bread. Now people on a gluten-free diet would call Pure Fare's bread the best you can get. If you're used to eating bread with flour-filled deliciousness - gluten free bread will not cut it. My partner, who has celiac's disease, had their turkey honey mustard sandwiches and called it "Very good. A little expensive". So there you have it folks. 


The smoothie thing - I've heard everybody talk about it and the thought of kale and spinach liquefied with fruits sounds both repulsive and appetizing. I needed to know which it was.

Here is their menu:


I tried to go with the greenest of the green - the Leafy Green.


Sorry, that was a very boring photo. Proof that was indeed green? Well, it was definitely appetizing. It was not overwhelmingly any flavour with light hints of mint, green leafy vegetables and apple. I enjoyed it very much and definitely want to go back to try some other smoothies on their menu.

Pure Fare isn't for everybody. It is a mostly take away place, so the decor, though good, is irrelevant. The cashier/smoothies maker seemed extremely bored to be there - but it was a cold Monday with nary a customer in sight. i was bored to be there. The smoothie was really good however and I feel a smoothie obsession beginning with me. So I will be back to be bored with the cashier at Pure Fare as I drink my smoothie (that banana cashew one sounds delicious!).

Conclusion - if you want a smoothie or a slightly expensive gluten-free sandwich, Pure Fare is your place.


Pure Fare
1609 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19146
267-687-2292

No comments:

Post a Comment