Monday, March 24, 2014

#29 Quick Fixx - Sandy's synopsis


I was very pleasantly surprised by Quick Fixx. Their Italian comfort food is exactly that, very comforting. Quick Fixx hadn't really been on my radar until this blog came along, but I'm glad it is on there now. They have the same style of service as Miles table - you order up at the counter and take a seat and someone will bring your food out to you from the kitchen. Like Miles Table - Quick Fixx also has good quality food on a very creative menu that you can enjoy in a clean but casual setting. 

They describe it better than I do - as per their website "Chef-inspired cuisine at take-out prices".

Their menu has four main sections - quickies, salads,  flatbread and homemade pasta. There were two things that caught my eye from the quickies - their fried pierogies and their panzarotti poppers. 

Pierogies man - I don't have them often but everytime I do - I am made so happy. These pierogies had a potato, cheddar and jalapeno filling with a garlic and chives sourcream on the side. These looked delicious when they came out and were delicious when I ate them. My only crib about them would be that I would've liked more jalapenos and ergo more heat. 


The panzarotti poppers are fried dough balls with....actually need I go on? I should because it gets better - they are fried balls of dough stuffed with goat cheese, shallots and chives. There is more. They are served with a side of lavender honey. These are stuff that dreams are made of, I tell you. 


For the main course, I went with the homemade pasta menu. I had trouble deciding but since I am a huge fan of bolognese sauce I ordered their Gnocchi lasagna. The sauce was absolutely amazing and the gnocchi as very good too. 


I did realize though, that I tend to find gnocchi very heavy no matter who makes it and so definitely want to go back and have the bolognese sauce over some linguine instead. I know I would enjoy the sauce more, but if Gnocchi IS your thing - this dish is amazing! Look how beautiful it is!




An important side note - they deliver. For free. And obviously do take-out as well if you live close by.

After that very awesome meal we decided to go next door to the Philly staple - Bob and Barbera's. We've decided to make two stops at B&Bs - One to have their "pickle back" and one to have the famous Philly special. 



Since Quick Fixx really filled us up with some awesome food we decided to go with the pickle back which is a shot of whiskey with pickle juice as a chaser. The Philly special involves drinking a beer and I didn't think I had any space left. 


I was skeptical about this. 

I did not need to be because pickle juice is the best chaser in the world. It neutralized that alcohol instantly and made the shot very pleasurable. If you must do shots for some reason - do them with pickle juice.

That was a perfect end to a very good evening. So far, this block is of to a great start - even though we are now in the middle of it....     This block stays on a great middle! Can it keep it up? 

Quick Fixx
1511 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
267-273-1066

No comments:

Post a Comment