Sunday, September 1, 2013

#14 Randazzo's - Sam's synopsis

Sorry for the more-delayed-than-usual post, but I was away on a beautiful European vacation so... actually, I really have no excuse, I just wanted to make all you readers out there in readerland jealous.  So be jealous of my trip, or something.

Look at that tasty crust
Anyways - Randazzo's, what can I say about you? It's nice to have a pizza place close by, but then Omega is closer. It's nice to have a place that makes milkshakes, but then Philly Cupcake is closer. I guess what I'm saying is, Randazzo's will satisfy your craving for greasy pizza and generally unhealthy food products, but it's not out of this world. However, I will add that their cheesy fries were delicious and I can't remember if you can get those at Omega, so that might be something they have a one-up on. Compared to Omega, the pizza itself was pretty on par with what we had before, but the crust at Randazzo's was much better. It was thinner and had a better crunch, with less of that uncooked doughy flavor to it. We got BBQ Chicken (even though there was an ingredient on it that all three of us did not like - WTF were we thinking?), and I thought the sauce was just the right amount of salty and sweet to go well with the pizza. Otherwise, the rest of the pizza was pretty standard - chicken, some veggies, some cheese, some grease.

Delicious fried cheesiness
Prior to the pizza I ordered some cheesy fries, and I decided to go with mozzarella as my cheese of choice. I feel like mozzarella is generally a good cheese topping, because when it melts it gets nice and stringy, so you can easily wrap it around several fries at once and enjoy without making a huge mess. Big plus in my mind because I tend to spill things on myself a lot. The fries themselves were warm and crispy, which as also a big plus because at pizza joints like these they are often hit or miss. So I would recommend the cheesy fries if you are looking for an unhealthy treat.

Doesn't this remind you of your high
school pizza joint?
I did not order a milkshake, but I had some of Sandya's and it was delicious. But no better or worse than Philly Cupcake, and Philly Cupcake is closer to where I live, so I think I would choose it merely based on that fact.  You can't really fuck up a milkshake, although I'm sure there are many ways to make it extra delicious. 

I will leave on the note that I sometimes forget how ridiculous news reports from reputable stations can be (although how many people still consider CNN a reputable station?).  While we were eating, there was a segment about an 70-80 year-old doctor who was promoting body building, or some drug to help you stay fit. It seemed like a bad infomercial, but it was in fact a segment on CNN.  News these days...
This guy probably wouldn't stop for a bite to eat at
Randazzo's
Randazzo's Pizzeria
1826 South Street
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 546-1566

No comments:

Post a Comment