Thursday, September 19, 2013

#16 OCF Coffee House - Sandy's synopsis


I love their logo. Honestly, it made me want to rent from them or try their coffee house. Trying their coffee house was much more feasible. I was a little skeptical about a realty company running a coffee shop as I assumed the expertise would be different. My doubts were misplaced as OCF is a solid coffee house. It seems to be a new trend (and by new, I guess a mean a few years old) for realty companies to engage the communities they rent apartments in. I know Signature Communities does something similar (free common gym, computer and wifi use etc.), but I also like the route OCF has taken. A coffee shop does seems like a great way for the OCF community to have a common spot. It is also such a good way to get the word out on OCF to the unfamiliar masses. You would have to make sure this venture was good however cause a bad experience here is unfairly and unconsciously also linked to the realty.

Well, I think their coffee house was a success. The inside of OCF has a nice modern decor with flashes of antiquity. 

Flashes of antiquity - old school coffee grinders (I assume)
As soon as you enter, there is a cute little cubby with a wall converted into a large chalkboard. This chalkboard contains a calendar listing OCF events. 


Rows of tables then lead down to a wider couch area at the back. 


They had a great choice of coffee and and variety of pastry type things for breakfast. I don't usually go for latte's but when you see a nutella latte on the menu, you cannot pass that up - am I right? Now - down to the solid part of my breakfast - what to choose? I'm not a fan of bagels, muffins or most other pastries. By far the only breakfast bakery item I enjoy are croissants and OCF has them. In fact, aside from the usual flavours (plain, almond, chocolate), they had a cheese croissant. Oh yes please. Now, I usually would've gone with the chocolate but, I figured I'm maxing my sweet tooth out with the nutella coffee so I went with the savoury croissant. 


The nutella coffee wasn't as sweet as I was expecting it to be. This is actually a good thing. It had a hint of nutella and a very creamy texture which was heavenly. The croissant was great too, cheese was slightly salty which complemented my coffee very well. I am a little lactose intolerant, so the latte definitely bothered my tummy a little but man was it worth it.

All in all, it is a great little coffee shop. I like the ambiance inside. They are pet friendly and pets are allowed in the cafe. Probably why I'm such a fan of the ambiance. They have good pastries and creative coffee, ergo it is a thumbs up for OCF realty.

OCF Coffee House
1745 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19146
215-454-2196

No comments:

Post a Comment