Monday, January 25, 2016

#74 - Ishkabibbles and #75 - Starbucks - Sandy's synopsis


I don't have too much more to say about Ishkabibbles or Starbucks. We've been to both these establishments earlier in our saunter and my opinion has not drastically changed.

Ishkabibbles I (one) has the same menu as Ishkabibbles II, so I decided to go with what worked the last time and learn from what didn't work. What worked the last time was the Gremlin, a grape soda and lemonade drink, and that still remains the case. I will say again, grape soda should be more popular.

What didn't work the last time was their chicken cheesesteak. So I decided to stay away from cheesesteaks entirely and play it safe. I ordered a chicken cutlet sandwich which contains deep fried chicken strips on bread with some onions and tomatoes.


You really cannot go wrong with that. I lathered it with some hot sauce and we were good to go. I would like to stress that I still probably would never come here by choice.

We used Starbucks as our dessert and post-dinner drink place. This was more of an adventure for me as I got to try something new, thanks to Sam. Turns out, one of Sam's favourite tea-based drinks is a London fog. This drink has earl grey tea with steamed milk and a spot of vanilla. In addition, we also got a toffee cookie to share.
I really liked the London fog and think I might have found my new Starbucks go to drink. I hate Starbucks coffee, but this way, if I do find myself there (after all other options were exhausted), I can get a London Fog and not have my mood ruined.


The toffee cookie was good - It was a cookie.

Ishkabibbles
337 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-923-4337

Starbucks
347 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-627-4060

No comments:

Post a Comment