Monday, November 9, 2015

#69 Subway and #70 Phileo Yogurt - Sam's synopses

What can I really say? It's a Subway. Again. We were really hoping we'd be past this place before it opened, but alas, it was not meant to be. So we went here for dinner. They have pizza-like dishes now known as "Flatizzas," which are basically a piece of flatbread with sauce and cheese and whatever other toppings you want. I ordered the basic cheese, and it was pretty meh. Very bland and there were no salt and pepper shakers or packets to help spruce up the flavor a little. At least it was warm and the cheese had melted? Yeah, just don't buy things at Subway. Especially after all the horrendous things in the news about Jared the Subway Guy. He's a pretty terrible human being.

This was a twofer (hey, I didn't realize twofer was recognized as a real word and not slang. Also, the word "two" is really weird when you think about it for a long time, don't you think?), so we hit up Phileo Yogurt for dessert. I got a combo of chocolate and cake batter froyo with some assorted candy and strawberry toppings. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. The froyo flavors weren't all that nuanced and the toppings weren't great either. They had some candy and some cookie bits, etc. as well as some fresh fruit, but their liquid toppings were limited and no sign of whipped cream anywhere! I like Kiwi a lot better (maybe because it's close to campus so I go there more often, but it also has a better selection of toppings and I found the froyo flavors themselves better and more... well.. flavorful). But let me admit something - I don't really care much for the whole froyo mentality. Maybe it's growing up in a summer vacation paradise where there are several homemade ice cream shops in every town within a 30 mile radius, but froyo is not really my thing - give me real ice cream any time of the day!

Subway
411 South St.
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 592-4660

Phileo Yogurt
419 South St.
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 873-8361

No comments:

Post a Comment