Monday, November 9, 2015

#69 - Subway and #70 - Phileo Yoghurt - Sandy's synopsis

Sam and Sandy went to Subway for the second time as the blog demanded it. Neither one of them enjoyed the experience. 

Hello blog readers, welcome to the 70th review on our blog. It's always fun seeing how high we are getting in the numbers. I'm curious to know what the final number will be (+/- a couple of restaurants of course as we wont be accounting for all the places that opened after us). I noticed a new Afghani  place near South and broad the other day...many new places...

If it isn't apparent by now, yes, I am stalling as I don't have much to say about Subway or Phileo Yoghurt. 

This Subway looked like every other Subway. We each ordered a pizza, or rather a "Flatizza" to change things up. I get the feeling neither Sam nor I are hoagie fans. It was a flat piece of bread with some bottled sauce and a sprinkling of veggies on top. It tasted as exciting as I am making it sound. It's not terrible, just, boring. I also wonder if I went to a Pizza Hut and order a subway-esqe sandwich, what it would be called - a "Roundwich"? trademarked.


Phileo yoghurt was also quite awful. I always feel overwhelmed by the number of choices at yoghurt places. I therefore decided to order a strawberry banana smoothie and bypass all the yoghurt toppings and choices. 


It was overly artificially sweet and tasted like I was drinking a smoothie made from canned fruits. I couldn't even drink a quarter of it.

Nothing really to write home about, this experience was very forgettable. 

Subway
411 South street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-592-4660

Phileo Yoghurt
419 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-873-8361

No comments:

Post a Comment