Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#36 Govinda's Vegetarian - Sandy's synopsis


Govinda's has been around for as long as I can remember and this is the first time I've been here. Boy was that a big mistake - for their sandwiches are amazingly tasty. 

Firstly, Govinda's is entirely vegetarian and so anything with meat on the menu is faux meat. They have an order at the counter find a seat and come when your name is called....system. There was probably a more succinct way of putting that. Anyhow, they take cards which is convenient and they have outdoor seating.

They have alot of vegetarian options on the menu and it was hard making a choice. I am however a sucker for burritos so I ordered the golden tofu burrito. Sam read my mind when it came to the pepper steak sandwich, so we decided to share those two. 

We were feeling particularly peckish that day and also ordered fries and samosa as accompaniments.

Pepper steak

Tofu burrito

I cannot tell you how satisfying this meal was. That pepper steak was cheesy and saucy and hit all of the spots. The tofu burrito was lightly spliced but perfectly tasty. The portions were big too so I had delicious leftovers for the next day. The fries were good too and it is hard to go wrong with samosas. There clearly is also a good variety of food from many different taste profiles, so definitely wouldn't mind going back to try something else.  

Honestly, I feel pretty stupid for not having been here before. I have no explanation or excuse. I know nothing Jon Snow. 

Hopefully I will rectify that in the future because Govinda's has delicious affordable vegetarian food that you should all try.

Govinda's Vegetarian
1400 South Street
Philadelphia PA19146
215-985-9303


No comments:

Post a Comment