Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#20 New South China - Sandy's synopsis


New South China will forever go down in history as the place that gave me the best fortune from a cookie. Besides that, it is a pretty standard American Chinese takeout place. As seems to be the case for all the Chinese takeout places we've been to so far, it is very clean on the inside. New South China went creative on their decor with some rather psychedelic lighting.


Their menu was less innovative and had your usual Chinese takeout staples. They have a good deal on dinner combo platters (~$8).  I got the moo goo gai pan combo which comes with Pork fried rice and an egg roll. The moo goo gai pan was okay - I preferred Fortune's. The pork fried rice however was a complete win - charred ends of veggies and rice included. I enjoyed the fried rice very much and would probably always get it if I ordered from there. Speaking of ordering, they have online ordering enabled (www.newsouthchinaphilly.com).



By far the best part of dinner however was the fortune in my cookie (bow chika bowow).
I will let it speak for itself. 
Succinctly.


End.

New South China
1640 South Street
Philadelphia PA19146
215-732-7789
www.newsouthchinaphilly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment