Wednesday, October 30, 2013

#20 New South China - Sam's synopsis

I don't have much to say about New South China. It's an American Chinese restaurant. It's got your standard menu. It's got your typical bare-boned interior with a few jade green tables and a picture of the Great Wall.

picture of the Great Wall? check.
I guess after already eating at two fast food chinese places, I'm less than enthused as we continue our saunter and eat at more (and I know there's at least 1-2 others coming up in the future). There's very little variety among restaurants in terms of what dishes they offer and how they prepare them, so I at least went for something that I don't always order. I got a dinner special of chicken and broccoli with fried rice and an egg roll. The chicken and broccoli was fine, but it tasted a little too greasy and didn't sit right in my stomach right after I digested it, which is why I believe it would have been a perfect meal if I was either a) hungover or b) craving really unhealthy, salty tasting food that masquerades as being slightly healthy because it has vegetables in it. The rice was nice and fresh, and the egg roll was crispy, but a bit too fried for my taste. I will at least say that I attempted to save my leftovers for lunch the next day, but I decided I was still hungry and ate the rest a few hours later - and they held up. Having leftovers that still taste good is very important to me. I still think overall that Fortune has been the best Chinese restaurant, but if you're looking for your standard egg rolls, sesame chicken and fried rice, New South China's got you covered.
chicken and broccoli
   but who will know these things?!

My fortune was not nearly as prophetic as Sandya's, but I guess there is some truth in it..



New South China
1640 South Street
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 732-7789

No comments:

Post a Comment