Tuesday, November 1, 2016

#91 OCF Coffeehouse - Sam's synopsis

There are a lot of empires in Philly, it seems. OCF is one of them, with at least 5 coffee shop locations in the city that I can think of off the top of my head. We already stopped at one way back on the 18th block. And now we come full circle and have a new one on the 2nd block. Sandya and I came here for a pre-work breakfast at 8 am (my, how times have changed!).

It was a sunny fall morning, which was aptly noted through the expansive windows of the cafe. I really enjoyed the level of natural light coming in at this location (the one on 18th is pretty dark; however, the one at 30th and Chestnut may just be my favorite for this very reason. I spent many afternoons writing my thesis there...). It was surprisingly quiet for a workday morning, with only a few other customers coming in during our 45 minute conversation. Perhaps because this area of South Street isn't very close to the main business area of Philly, but who knows.


Per usual, I ordered a chai latte and settled in on a cheese croissant. Last time's perilous encounter with a hair baked into my bagel made me opt for a different choice. The chai was good - a nice amount of foamy milk on top and not too sweet. The cheese croissant was also delicious (from Kermit's, of course) - flaky and buttery and savory. It was a pleasant and calm start to the day - you can't ask for much more from a coffeeshop.

OCF Coffeehouse
135 South Street
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 457-3336

No comments:

Post a Comment