Friday, August 19, 2016

#89 His & Hers - Sam's synopsis

Well, second time's the charm I guess. We made it to His & Hers when it was actually open, and it was quite obvious this time around. Before, the windows were closed and it was dark inside, but it was hard to tell if the place was actually open unless we peered in. Upon arriving, the doors and windows were wide open and everything inside was bright and shiny. So yeah, kind of a big difference.

I arrived 15 minutes late because yes, I was playing Pokemon Go on my walk over. But I was using a Lucky Egg to level up faster so give me a break, okay?! In any case, Sandya and Erin were inside and had already ordered a few appetizers and some lagers, so I followed suit on the beer front. Turns out happy hour is from 7-9 pm, which is already great because what a convenient time frame, but even better, everything is 50% off. All drinks, all food, everything. Which is pretty awesome. But I was pretty underwhelmed with the place, so I'm not sure how far that'll get me in the future in returning.

There was only one woman running the bar, although the owner/maybe a manager also seemed to be there. She was a little sporadic in attending to us, but I don't really fault her for that - but it still took some time to place orders. I've been all about chicken tenders lately, especially when I'm in a sports bar atmosphere, so that's what I ordered. The aforementioned appetizers were cheese rolls and hummus. Even though Sandya and Erin ordered before me, the appetizers didn't come until after I got my chicken tenders. That's a little weird. Oh well. The chicken tenders and fries were fine. They hit the spot and they weren't overly greasy - pretty standard. The appetizers were also okay. I liked the filling in the cheese rolls, but the roll part wasn't very flavorful. The hummus was also fine, but they didn't serve anything with it - just some decorative lettuce. How are you supposed to eat hummus without any accompanying pita or veggies?

The happy hour is a great deal, so I'd take advantage of it in the future if it came up, but I wouldn't go out of my way to return to His & Hers.

His & Hers
216 South Street
Philadelphia, PA
(267) 639-3214

No comments:

Post a Comment