Saturday, May 28, 2016

#84 Lovash Indian Restaurant and Bar - Sandy's synopsis



I have to admit that I am always skeptical about an Indian restaurant before trying it. Having grown up in India, I am a little more critical. However, I have definitely grown from being a person who used complain that a dish "doesn't taste like it would in India" to someone who can appreciate that, even if the dish doesn't taste "authentic", it still tastes good!

Lovash fits into that category for me, it doesn't taste exactly like what I would have in India, but the flavours are so good and the food so fresh, that it was a win all around.

I would be remiss if I did not start by saying the folk at Lovash are extremely nice. I run into them occasionally on the street and I always get see them in happy healthy interactions with their staff and with their customers. Suffice to say, we were greeted with what seemed like a genuine warmth.

After our party arrived, we started our meal with some beverages and appetizers. For appetizers we ordered the tandoori chicken samosas, shami kebab (lamb patties) and sheekh kebab (beef kebabs). For beverages we ordered some mango and salt lassis and chai.

Shami Kebab

Shish Kebab
The appetizers were fantastic, very flavourful and now, come highly recommended. I thin kI liked the two kebabs over the samosa. This is also the first place where I actually liked the salt lassi.

For our main course, each of us ordered an entree and some naan to share. They have a south Indian flavours section that I was curious about.  I ordered the Coondapur Chicken Curry from this section and I was not disappointed.


The curry tasted freshly made, with tender chicken and the right amount of spice. The naan was a great accompaniment. Lovash also has a great "hot sauce" if you need to add more heat to your dish. The

I also had a chance to try most of everyone's else curries and liked them all. The portions are ample with a chance for leftovers.

To  conclude, I was pleasantly surprised by Lovash. They have great food, friendly service and so a great restaurant all around.

Lovash
236 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-925-3881


No comments:

Post a Comment