Monday, December 14, 2015

#71 - Jim's Steak and #72 - Lorenzo's pizza - Sandy's synopsis


What do you get when you wrap a Jim's cheesesteak with a Lorenzo's Pizza? A Jimenzo's cheesesteakzza you ask? No my dear friend, who is new to Philly, what you get is called a Philly Taco. Yes. A cheesesteak + a pizza = a taco. Oh America, always striving to be multi-cultural. 

For those of who have not heard of Lorenzo's, they are a pizza joint that sells delicious cheese pizza slices that are bigger than your face. They're really the only size of slice that could possible wrap a cheesesteak,

Here is what the monstrosity looks like:


I'm sorry I didn't have a banana for scale. Maybe I can use my face instead:


I hope that helps. It was huge but I've been known to be able to pack away a significant amount of food. I once ate a whole burrito from Cantina Los Caballitos and those burritos are the size of one's face. Granted there was $50 on the line, but still. It counts. 

However, today was not one of those days. I could barely eat half of the Philly Taco before I gave up. As far as what I thought of it - loved the pizza and didn't care much for the cheesesteak. Which is what I think of them separately, so combining them did not make them any better.  

I've attempted the Philly Taco twice in my life, I have failed twice in my life and therefore do not think I will attempt it again. Thank you to everyone who came out that day to try it out with Sam and I. We hope you had a great food coma afterward.


Jim's Steaks
400 South Street

Lorenzo and Son Pizza
305 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147




No comments:

Post a Comment