Wednesday, April 20, 2016

#80 Nora's Taqueria and Grill and #81 Dunkin' Donuts - Sandy's synopsis

Nora's Taqueria and Grill is a small eatery just past 3rd street on South that specializes in mexican staples like taco's as well as not so staple dishes like the Pollo don Luis. I've see a few reviews that describe Nora's as a "hole in the wall" and I would agree with that only with respects to size. Nora's is very well kept and clean with sit down space for about 10-12 people. We were six people in our party and were easily accommodated as most people come here for takeout.

I've been here a few times now since it is very close to where I live and am still making my way through their staples. I've had their fantastic tacos before and they are fantastic (Sidenote: You get a choice between lettuce tomatoes, and sour cream or cilantro and onions as toppings and I highly recommend going with the cilantro and lime). So, this time I decided to go with the burrito, the al pastor burrito to be specific.


That was a big *cking burrito and it was so good that I ate all of it. It had just the right amount of spice accompanied by some sweet pineapples - very satisfying.

We also ordered some chips and Guacamole for the group, which was my first taste of their guac and let me tell you - it was super tasty!


They also have a daily agua fresca which is usually very good. The flavour that day was Guanabana, which was a fruit I had never heard of but definitely tasted very good - tasted a little of lychees and pineapples mixed together. Another thing to note is that their specials are not in their menu but on an electronic menu screen, so be sure to take a gander at those before making your decision. 

After stuffing ourselves with delicious mexican food we sauntered down to Dunkin' Donuts for some dessert. We discovered that not only does the place have an upstairs area to sit down at, it has a GREAT view of south street.


If you wanted to get a little work done (they have free wifi in case you need it) with some coffee and also people watch for distractions, this would be perfect. Hell, if you wanted to just get away somewhere to people watch on south street, this would be great. So, we ordered our donuts and drinks and stared out the window for awhile, slowly sinking into a food coma. I ordered their vanilla CREME donut because I am a sucker for anything with cake frosting-like cream on it (in it, anywhere touching it). It was good, I mean, it was cream in fluffy sweet bread, you cannot go wrong.


All in all, it was another great evening on South Street.

Nora's Taqueria and Grill
248 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
267-758-2413

Dunkin' Donuts
308 South Street
Philadelphia PA 19147
215-627-1657



No comments:

Post a Comment