Tuesday, February 23, 2016

#77 Primo Hoagies - Sam's synopsis

I may be a bit biased in this review. Not because of any predisposition towards Primo or hoagies (even though Sandya somehow was convinced that I hated hoagies... false. I really like hoagies), but because I was absolutely starving by the time we arrived. It was President's Day, which I did not get as a holiday at work, but the rest of the businesses in my office park did - meaning the cafeteria was closed. This in itself is not a big deal, but having only been working for 2 weeks at my new job, I was unaware of said closure and was clearly not prepared. So I did not eat anything all day save for a Snickers bar from the vending machine. Needless to say, by the time we arrived at Primo's, I was ravenous. I'll also just mention that I beat Sandya there, even though she lives right around the corner.

In any case, you can order a hoagie and also enjoy a drink, because Primo's doubles as a bar. The inside looks very much like a modest sports bar, with a few flat screen TVs playing various sports games (or in our case, the Grammys on mute). Being a cold, rainy Monday night, there were only a few other patrons around, who were mostly just there to drink beer. I went to the back and quickly ordered the Suprimo: prosciutto, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers. I added lettuce and onions and decided on the primo size (essentially ordering the Suprimo primo), and grabbed some waffle cut chips to indulge on while I impatiently awaited for my food. Not because they were slow - service was fast and friendly - but because I was starving. Dear DELIcious Bites: this is how you make a sandwich with prosciutto on it. It had the right ratio of meat:cheese:veggies. The prosciutto was nice and salty, the mozzarella balanced said saltiness out well, and the veggies tasted fresh. Solid bread for housing all the constituents of my hoagie too. What can I say? Primo's is a chain, but a good one. I'd grab a hoagie here again even if I hadn't spent the entire day subsisting off of a Snickers bar.

Primo Hoagies
326 South Street
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 923-3101

No comments:

Post a Comment